Housing Advice

Housing Advice

Have you been issued notice by your Landlord?

Has the Local Authority refused your Homelessness Application?

Are you experiencing serious disrepair in your home?

If so, we may be able to help.

The web form below is no longer in use and will be removed shortly. If you want to submit a web enquiry please contact us through the website for our new partnership project Advice Link Partnership Sutton. Go to the referral section and select Sutton Citizens Advice when you submit your enquiry.

If you are homeless you should approach your local authority homeless persons unit. The London Borough of Sutton's Homeless Persons Service is at the Civic Offices St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA - 0208-770-5800


If you are unhappy with a written decision from the Homeless Persons Unit, you have to challenge it within 21 days from the date of the letter.


To contact us regarding your Housing Issue, please do so below. Our Gateway Service can get extremely busy.


Please copy and paste the questions below into the Enquiry Box when leaving your Enquiry with us. Without this information we may not be able to provide the best Advice. We may also be able to determine whether or not your issue is an Emergency and should be given priority.


Enquiry Area: Housing
Homeless: Y/N
Court date:



Action Taken:
Other Issues:



If you qualify for legal aid, it does not matter if you do not live or work in the London Borough of Sutton. You should qualify for legal aid if you receive Income Support, Income Based Jobseekers Allowance, Guarantee Pension Credit or have small capital (any savings or investments) and low income.



*** If you require immediate Advice, The following organisations may also be able to help you. ***


Shelter, the national housing and homelessness charity can offer telephone advice 0808 800 4444


www.dssaccepted.co.uk is a useful website that provides information about agencies that work with landlords who are willing to receive tenants needing Housing Benefit


We are only able to help you if you live or work in the London Borough of Sutton, unless you can get Legal Aid


You may be able to obtain an immediate answer to your enquiry by visiting the housing section of Adviceguide, the Citizens Advice Bureaux online service that provides practical, up-to-date independent information on your rights.